Saturday, September 13, 2008

Oh the joys of a clean home!!

Ok, for a type-A personality and someone no-doubt with OCD, having a neat and orderly home is not just a priority for me, it helps me to invoke feelings of peace, contentment, rest and relaxation. But to have a clean home? Oh what a feeling of pure joy for me! I’ve wanted to hire a housekeeper for awhile now, but I’ve struggled with the feeling that such an expense was a “luxury” I could do without. It just seemed so frivolous for a single girl and her sweet puppy to need a housekeeper. I’d tried a housekeeper once before, but realized that no one, or so I thought, was going to clean my house the way I wanted it to be cleaned. So after a few unsatisfying visits with the first housekeeper, I decided to forego that “luxury” and go back to doing the time-consuming chores myself.

Then the dog hair and dust just got to be such a constant effort to keep at bay. I decided to start researching to find another housekeeper. I have finally found exactly what I was looking for! See, good things do come to those who wait… This woman and her team are a true blessing to me! Her name is Maria, of Maria’s Pristine Cleaning Service (I have her permission to use her name and give her business information in case anyone else is interested in hiring her). Maria, Rachel and Margarida cleaned my home so thoroughly and so impeccably, I can’t say enough how much I appreciate their hard-work and their true gift of domestic divahood. Ok, so I’m sure that’s not really a word, but it works for me, and I’m sure you catch my drift. These ladies are oh-so-good at what they do and super friendly and nice too! I know this is hard to believe, but these women clean even beyond my high expectations! This is a treat I shall keep around.

While these three women cleaned my house literally from top to bottom, I had extra time to play in my yard all afternoon. For those of you who don’t already know me, I love to garden and play in my yard. I can’t describe the feeling of satisfaction I felt knowing my home was being cleaned so meticulously while I was outside mowing, trimming and edging the yard, driveway and flower beds. In a matter of a few hours my entire house was not just neat and orderly, but clean and smelled so good, and even my yard was in top shape! I slept like a baby that night, and am continuing to enjoy the comforts of knowing my house has been taken care of and I can do other things with my time like blog, read, ride my recumbent bike, and follow our crazy hurricanes (Ike this week).

I think it’s interesting how different we all are. How is it that some people can’t go to bed at night unless the house is all straightened-up? While others can navigate through mazes of junk and clutter for weeks, months or longer, and not give it all a second thought? I’m sure it’s a lot easier for me to keep things kept-up since I don’t have any children yet, but knowing that everything is in its place and presentable at any given moment helps me to feel happy, relaxed and contented. Oh, in case you’re in Nashville and would like to contact Maria…her number is 579-8183! Blessings, Dawna

No comments: